Can a $40 over-the-ear headphone possibly rival one costing 2-3 times as much?
No. Don't be silly. However, a $40 over-the-ear headphone can look gorgeous, feel comfortable and sound pretty darn good. And because you read the headline, you already know that I've roped one for half that price.
Check it out: For a limited time, and while supplies last, Amir Direct (via Amazon) has the Criacr BH8R over-the-ear Bluetooth headphone for $19.60 when you apply promo code AMTBPN3W at checkout. It normally costs $39.99. Update: Looks like the red ones are sold out; I'm checking with the vendor to see if we can get a code for the black ones. Update #2:No-go on the code for the black ones, but we might be able to get it for tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Update #3 (5/16/18): Good news! While supplies last, you can get the black version of the headphones for $19.60 with promo code AMCNST9U.
Skeptics, unite! At this price, the build quality must be poor. The feature set must be limited. The sound quality must be on par with a tin can on a string.
Nope. Nope. Nope. I've been test-driving these for the past few days, and I'm genuinely impressed. For starters, they're just as sexy as in the photo: Fire-engine red mixed with glossy black (though the latter does show fingerprints).
They fold for easy storage but unfold for wearing with a very solid-feeling click. And although they're wireless, you can also plug them in if you prefer to go wired. The battery is good for up to 13 hours of Bluetooth play time, according to Criacr, though of course you can listen indefinitely if you switch to corded.
I found the BH8R extremely comfortable to wear -- more comfortable, in fact, than my much more expensive Plantronics headphones. (Don't judge; they were a gift.) Credit the Criacr's headband, which is a little cushier. The top of my head hurts after about 15 minutes wearing the Plantronics.
Ah, but does this $20 headphone sound as good as a $200 headphone? No; the latter offers more depth, more richness. But when I was listening to the $20 headphone, I enjoyed everything I played.
Also, I took them outside to see if the sound cut out while my phone was in my pocket -- a common problem with Bluetooth headphones. Verdict: No problems! (Your mileage may vary.)
I do have one small quibble: Most headphones, you short-press the power button to turn them on or off, long-press to enter pairing mode. Here it's the opposite; every single time you turn them off, you first hear, "Pairing mode." It's weird.
Also, there's no warranty information listed anywhere. Most likely it's one year, but I'm checking with the seller and will update the post when I get an answer. It's worth finding out because a handful of reviewers mentioned reliability issues.
Update: Here's the seller's warranty policy. Short version: 12-month warranty, 60-day money-back guarantee.
Wriitten by @9to5toys.com - Oct. 11th 2018 1:41 pm ET
AMIR Direct (99% positive lifetime feedback) offers its iPhone Camera Lens 3-pack for $8.95 Prime shipped when you use code XRGP9V6O at checkout. Regularly around $14, this is one of the best prices we’ve tracked historically. If you are still rocking an iPhone 6 through 8, or even plan to pick up the XR later this month, a lens system like this is great to expand your photography range on a budget. Rated 3.8/5 stars from thousands of mobile photographers.
Amir iPhone Camera Lens Pack features:
- Made of high-class glass, professional HD lens reduces glass flare & ghosting caused by reflections
- 0.4X Super Wide Angle Lens, 180° Fisheye Lens, and 10X Macro Lens
- Universal detachable clamp design, work on all popular brands and models of smartphones and tablets or anywhere you can imagine
Wriitten by @9to5toys.com - Nov. 18th 2015 7:11 pm ET
AMIR Direct (99% positive lifetime feedback) via Amazon offers its 3-pack of Battery-operated Motion Sensing LED Lights for $10.39 shipped when you use code AMTOV5PC at checkout. At 20% off the normal rate, this is one of the best discounts we’ve tracked and the lowest available. I own this set and find it perfect for adding a little bit of extra light in my closet where it’s needed. Rated 4.1/5 stars from thousands.
AMIR Motion Sensing LED Lights features:
- Battery Operated – Powered by 3PCS AAA batteries (not included (Best with Polaroid 9V Batteries) for coreless installation. To provide you with illumination in areas that have limited or no access to electricity
- Super-bright LED Bulbs – Up to 20 Lumen output, 6 pcs super bright SMD 2835 LED; bright enough to make sure you never stumble in the dark
- PIR Motion & Light Sensor – Auto-on within 10 feet, auto-off after 15 seconds of no motion detected helps prolong battery life. It will turn on only when it is dark and when motion is detected
- Easy Installation – Simple to install, no hard-wiring. With double-sided adhesive pads and built-in magnet, you can stick on anywhere you like